Forest Story
Good day, members of the Forest.

We are proud to announce the re-opening of ForestStory! Please join us again in-game.

Remember to download the new client and .wz files.

Thank you, and have a nice day!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Forest Story
Good day, members of the Forest.

We are proud to announce the re-opening of ForestStory! Please join us again in-game.

Remember to download the new client and .wz files.

Thank you, and have a nice day!
Forest Story
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Untitled

Go down

Untitled Empty Untitled

Post  That-Guy Mon Jul 12, 2010 6:48 pm

Eh, why can't a story be a creative project? So, I will post some of it here. It isn't finished, if it's actually liked, I'll write more and release it in pieces. Anyway, I just copied what I already had. Critique/Complimenting/Insulting/Flaming/Scoring- all welcome.

Here it is:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Soled shoes. Yes, there we soled shoes. Soled shoes that tapped lightly and rapidly along the smooth surface of the wooden floor boards, which was the primary material that made up the one-story and abandoned amphitheatre. The sound of the tapping reverberated along the strongly built walls, along with gentle sound of a violin and the equally soft-in-sound footfalls of his own marionettes, each with their own finely-crafted soled shoes. A chorus of applause echoed from a non-existent crowd, as well as shouts. In response, two figures, one the man in the soled shoes, and the other the violinist, bowed slowly, smiling a smile of joy. Their hands intertwined, and they bowed yet again, this time with connected hands. Another roar of applause from a seemingly intangible crowd. Lovely, one would agree.

Slowly, the sound died out, and the two figures began to walk away, violin in hand, and marionettes following. The two stepped toward the curtain, the chants of the crowd dimming. They stepped through, the chanting now at a full halt. 'Encore, Encore!' They had been shouting.

'Savannah, my darling.' The ventriloquist puffed. He put his hands out to proposition a hug, but he received no verbal, nor physical response from his beloved. He knew the painful fact; that she was deaf, but he could not believe it. No matter how much the 'colors' helped her. Yes, the colors. The colors that appeared within her mind instead of sound. Whenever a noise would be heard, a color would appear. The inspiration for her career, you see, were the colors. She wanted to experience them all by playing the violin, see beautiful rainbows and grasslands. Oh, how dreadful it was when she stopped playing, and the colors dissipated from her mind. The only way she could hear her beloved's voice was when she visualized it with the colors. But, it had its toll on her. Each time a color would 'materialize' within her mind, her other senses would wane, too. Yet, she was kept in check by Icarus, the elegant man who had once become her beloved. He now watched her; took care of her.

Together they created spectacular performances, and pleased audiences everywhere. But now, this was their last performance. For tonight, they had to commit a vile deed. A deed so vile, that they would be heavily scrutinized for even thinking such thoughts.

...Indeed, this was their last performance.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Was is it a feast for your eyes? Or a splinter in them?; I know it's short, but is just a part.

And yes, "a feast for your eyes" is a reference.

That-Guy
That-Guy
Apprentice
Apprentice

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum